Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Can my psychiatrist see who my other psychiatrists are

Can my psychiatrist see who my other psychiatrists are through looking up my insurance? and What medications I am prescribed by by the other psychiatrists i see? simple enough question, right? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem PPO Family Insurance. On my Dad's Insurance. Please let me know.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

According to the HIPAA act, all of your information is private.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It cannot be revealed without your written permission given to your previous physicians to give out the information.

Customer: But if I see more than one and they are unaware of each other, is there any way way though insurance or some other paper work that they could find out that I have two psychiatrics at the same time. Psychiatrists typically don't like clients having two doctors treating them.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

All a new physician can see is whether or not he will be payed for helping you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If your insurance company allows you to have two (and I do not see why not), then you can. If you are getting controlled substances from both of them the pharmacies could be comparing records automatically depending on the state you are in, to prevent a person from getting too much of a controlled substance. I shall keep you in my prayers for good health. Warm regards. Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
Thank you as well. May God bless and protect you.
Elliott