JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
11914957

My wife was transferred to a Mental Health Facility after

Customer Question

My wife was transferred to a Mental Health Facility after she was evaluated at a regional hospital.....they (Regional Hospital and Mental Health Facility) will not provide me (Husband) any information about her. They say she is on a 1013 (Involuntary Commitment) after the evaluation. I am wondering when can I go and see her or when is this Involuntary Commitment over. I heard 72 hrs. but its been more than that. I am starting to worry about what they are doing to her. Please advise.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 4 years ago.
JaRee1993 :

Hello, My name is Ja`Ree and I am a mental health counselor. Have you talked with the social worker at the hospital or ask to talk with the hospital administrator of the hospital?

JaRee1993 :

It is very unusual for the hospital to not include you in on what is going on for her and why they are keeping her. The social worker in the hospital on her case should be able to help you get the information you need. They may require a release of information of her treatment and diagnosis due to confidentially. The social worker there can also take care of that for you.

JaRee1993 :

May I ask if you were present at the regular hospital when she was evaluated and why she went to the hospital to begin with.

JaRee1993 :

If you want to talk with me about this please reply to my message and I will respond as soon as I read your reply. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

Customer:

Yes, I was present at the time and she went to the hospital because she was seeing and hearing things. She actually went to a neighbor down the street to use their phone to make the 9-1-1 call. This happened around 8 in morning and I was still asleep. When I was getting questioned by the police they will not let me go talk to her and they questioned me like I did something to her. When she arrived to the emergency room they asked her about her Marital status she told the nurse that she has an ex-husband and she have no kids when she does. There was no social worker present. There was a women named Kristy and they told me she was the psyche doctor (i'm thinking Psychiatrist at the time) I was scared and worried for my wife at the time so I did not ask her any questions about who or which facility she was from....my wife was not responsive to their questions so they did the evaluation with me....I told them everything about what I saw my wife doing around the house. I remember Kristy telling me about 1013 and that she was going to determine my wife's status at possible psychosis. I feel, as her husband I should be able to get any information I request about my wife. Same goes to her brothers and sisters. Should I get in touch with a social worker about this matter? Please advise.

JaRee1993 :

I would probably speak with an attorney if you feel things are being kept from you. I would also call your local mental health board and ask them who you would talk to about this because you are concerned about your wife. You might ask the mental hospital who their ombudsman is and how you can contact him/her. I would also ask to talk to the head administrator of the hospital. I would contact one of the above I mentioned and ask them for help in finding out what is going on with your wife. If this answer has helped you please fill out the rating survey so that I can receive my pay and know how to better serve our customers. I would also like to follow up with you in a few days to see how you are doing if you don't mind. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

JaRee1993 :

Hello, I just wanted to check in to see if you were able to find out anything about your wife and if any of the people I recommended for you to talk to were of assistance to you. I hope all is well with your wife and that you have been able to talk with her. If my answer was of help to you please complete the rating survey so that I may receive my payment and know how to better assist our customers. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree