Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I have been suffering with depression for 23 years and have

I have been suffering with depression for 23 years and have recently made a suicide attempt what is going to happen to me

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am so sorry that you have been suffering for so long.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What medications(s) are you taking and what dosages?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Besides a low mood, and now a suicide attempt, what other symptoms are you suffering?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you every have racing thoughts and fast speech? Do you ever feel speed up in any way? Do you ever feel the opposite of depressed, meaning do you feel like you are sitting on top of the world?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you ever act recklessly (in spending, driving, gambling, sex, etc.)?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you in a relationship? If so, how is it going?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have any stressors in your life?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

As a child were you ever abandoned or abused, or were victim or witness to some trauma?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please answer and I can help you further.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall save the chat and exit You can return to me whenever you are ready and answer my questions if you wish. I will get back to you either immediately, if I am online, or as soon as I can return to your question.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMJC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

CCMHC (not ccmjc)

Customer: I have recently lost a dear friend and was raped I was abused all the time by the hands of my father. I have had epilepsy for the past 20 years
Customer: I am on foloxitine I don't know if I spelled that right and I don't know the dose
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thank you for getting back to me.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I asked about past trauma because I suspected that there was something that has cost you these years of suffering, and now I see several reasons.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your depression is based on traumatic experiences. One of the worst is your abuse as a child and your situation was just made worse by the loss of your dear friend, and then of you rape.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What you are taking is a basic antidepressant of the SSRI class, known generically as fluoexetine or by its trade name Prozac.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is evidently not very effective for you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Neither was talking to a community mental health worker.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

At least you did not indicate that you were under treatment. You may be suffering from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder which is causing your depression and other negative responses that you may feel.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I suggest that you find an experienced and intelligent therapist to help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

While you are looking, I would like to recommend two workbooks to help you. If you follow them and complete the assignments, you will make progress.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Overcoming Trauma and PTSD: A Workbook Integrating Skills from ACT, DBT, and CBT by Sheela Raja PhD and Susan M. Orsillo PhD (

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success in getting past this.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You did not mention your dose of fluoxetine.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You may benefit from a larger dose (though you still need to undergo talk therapy).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The initial dose is 20 mg orally once a day in the morning.

The maintenance dose can be raised from 20 to up to 80 mg/day in 1 to 2 divided doses.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my prayers

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott

Customer: I am on foloxitine I don't know if I spelled that right and I don't know the dose

Dear *****,

It is not foloxitine (no such thing) but fluoxetine (Prozac). You are probably on a lower dose.

I have given you a lot of useful and helpful information. If you are satisfied, I would be most grateful for positive feedback.

Warm regards,

Elliott