How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lost my masturbation virginity with my father in London aged

Resolved Question:

Lost my masturbation virginity with my father in London aged 20. Have been mainly dysfunctional ever since and seeing psychiatrists and doctors etc. Now aged 51. Can the damage be repaired?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

Any damage from any issue can be repaired. Even though the brain is a very complicated organ a person really motivated to fix a problem can get the tools they need and use them to address what is happening. The key is to find a professional you can trust and then invest in your own process. This means possibly not seeing a range of professionals but giving someone your trust and confidence. There is going to be a period where you feel uncomfortable but you have to believe in what you need to do. I would invest in a long term solution with one clinician that suits your style

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no option to simply accept your answer without giving more sensitive and private information that I want as a reply. If you provide me with an accept button to simply accept the advice I thought I was buying that would be OK, but I do not want to get drawn into disclosing all sorts of things to an unknown web professesional who has not given me the option to simply accept bought advice and go on my way.
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately the format is set by the site and I am just a therapist. Your options are to accept the answer or reply with more information and I can help. If you don't want to disclose further information I can post the site for a refund
psychlady and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you