Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I am supposed to get 150 mg clopixal but instead I got 260

I am supposed to get 150 mg clopixal but instead I got 260 mg in the injection.. am I at risk?

Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your problem.

Please confirm this -- are you using clopixal acuphase injection or clopixal depot injection ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my query.

Regards..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

clopixal depot injection

Thanks for the valuable input.

Well there is no problem with 260 mg dose in clopixal depot injection since the normal recommended dose range is 200-400 mg / depot injection of clopixal given second to fourth week as per the doctor's discretion, in fact 150 mg dose would have been a sub-standard dose so you may bring this up and discuss with your doctor and ask him to prescribe you at least 200 mg / depot injection although I may also mention here that the use of 150 mg dose may have been suggested by the doctor if you have been just starting on this drug as usually one starts on lower doses and then gradually titrate up the dose.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks.. It is the 4th injection I had, which I get every 2 weeks. Your saying I should be ok.. and no need to visit another dr.. or to worry?

Yes you should be ok.. no need to panic but as a precaution you shall look for the following side effects if at all they occur in the first place -- abnormal body movements like tremors , twisting of fingers, or any other body part, feeling dizzy, tongue involuntary movements or tremors, loss of coordination of limbs, feeling lightheaded/ fainting, palpitation , difficulty in passing urine, high pressure in the eye.

If one or more of these symptoms develop within the next 48 hrs then please do not hesitate to contact emergency and get yourself evaluated. But having said this it seems unlikely that you will develop any side effects because your dose was well within the normal dose parameters so relax and just be watchful of what is mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Regards..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nice.. ty.. you put my mind at ease. :)

Take care.

Regards..