How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5334
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having problems with being very distracted. Making careless

This answer was rated:

Having problems with being very distracted. Making careless mistakes. I been having issues when people talk to me directly.

Hi! I'll be glad to be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. You are clearly having rather severe organizational and perceptual problems and they are affecting your life. I see from your previous questions to JA that you had developmental issues as a child. This confirmed my initial concern that facilities like Learning Rx would not be able to help with the difficulties you are experiencing.

And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about. It is imperative to first rule out any neurological problems that might be causing the problems you are experiencing, especially with people talking to you directly. This is important to do before concluding that it is a cognitive or anxiety issue like ADHD or OCD and ADHD.

At the same time, though, as you are having the neurological assessments, you might consider a referral to a psychiatrist who is experienced in ADHD problems and also begin to work on diagnosing these symptoms from that end. If you live near a university that is large enough to have a university hospital, it would be worthwhile to discuss with your doctor a referral to the psychiatric practice associated with the hospital. The idea is that they would have a wide range of experience and expertise and someone there who is very experienced with adult ADHD.

The symptoms might also reflect an untreated anxiety disorder such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Thus, an experienced psychiatrist would be very advantageous for you to work with.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****

Dr. Mark and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You! I been told I might have adhd but, told I had OCD