Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

I'm 72 years old and all of a sudden I'm all day, everyday.

I'm 72 years old and all of a sudden I'm horny all day, everyday. I've been single for 20 years and have not had sex with anyone. What's happening to me, I live alone and have no man in my life.

Hi! I'll be glad to be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating and confusing this situation must be for you. You are all of a sudden sexually stimulated and have no way to account for it. I can understand how disorienting this would be.

You have not spoken of any psychological disturbances that would account for this. You've been single and stable and not sexually active for an extended period. This would all indicate that you are experiencing a physiological symptom rather than a psychological symptom. Your body is more than likely going through hormonal changes at this time. There may be neurological events occurring, though, or a combination of both. It might be prudent, then, to ask your doctor if you should have any testing done to rule out any problems. I want to reassure you, though, that becoming sexually hyper-stimulated is not known to be a symptom of any early stage dementia or Alzheimer's or other cognitive issues.

If all checks out physiologically and it is part of hormonal changes, one possible recommendation is to become sexually active again with a partner. This may not help in achieving orgasm. After a long time without having an orgasm, very few women reach orgasm easily or even at all. However, it might make the sensation more pleasant to live with and it might also be pleasant to be in a relationship with someone.

The idea is to not make the sexual act or sexual enjoyment dependent on the end goal of reaching an orgasm. Rather, sexual pleasure can be the enjoyment of the sensations themselves. Or the enjoyment of giving pleasure to your partner and feeling your own sensations at the same time.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****