abray1115
abray1115, Doctor
Experience:  Primary care with particular care and experience in managing common psychiatric problems.
13781349

I like to have a lot of sex but my gf does not, is there

I like to have a lot of sex but my gf does not, is there something wrong with me or her or both of us? She says my penis is too big but I think she just says that because she isnt a sexual person...what should I do?
Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

It is common for a couple to have differing sexual appetites.....

Anthony Bray MD :

This in general is VERY VERY common in fact....

Anthony Bray MD :

It is rare that two people would be identically matched with regard to their appetite for sex...

Anthony Bray MD :

It is more common in my experience for the male partner to have the higher drive ( it does reverse roles at times but as I noted in my experience in dealing with patients with this issue it does seem more common for the male to have the higher drive...)

Anthony Bray MD :

I think that counseling may be helpful for the two of you as a couple....

Anthony Bray MD :

Talk to your girlfriend to see what you may be able to do to help her if she is experiencing discomfort with sex. This is a legitimate issue for her. This too is not that uncommon...

Anthony Bray MD :

It may be that she may benefit from certain positions for example...

Anthony Bray MD :

I would not dismiss her feelings that you may cause her discomfort with sex>> I do not think that she is making this up or simply that she is not sexual>> I think that you would be best to take this expression of an issue here at face value.. take her seriously...

Anthony Bray MD :

She may need to discuss this issue further with her gynecologist...

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that this information helps. let me know if you have further questions and Iw ill be happy to get back wtih you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. that would be very much appreciated! Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD