Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

. Elliott, hi i would like to ask about dissoiation fugue

Customer Question

. Elliott, hi i would like to ask about dissoiation fugue i prefer chat please

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Hi Evan,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Because the moderator intervened it automatically took you off of the chat mode. I asked her to restore it to you as a chat, which she has done this morning.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I do not think that you have Dissociative Fugue, but rather some brief dissociative amnesia as part of your PTSD>

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

In Dissociative Fugue, the individual suddenly leaves home (or another activity) and goes on a trip. This often follows a severe stress.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The travel does have a purpose and is not just aimless wandering. There could be a feeling of confusion and disorientation. The person may even take a new identity or occupation. Often it is limited to travel.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There is a possibility that this could be characterised as Dissociative Fugue, now that I reconsider it, but it seems to be an offshoot of the PTSD.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will save this chat and continue later when you are online.