TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Some body I know has been keeping his urine in bottles up to

Some body I know has been keeping his urine in bottles up to 200-300 during a couple of years.Is this sign of mental illness?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.
It could be a sign that this person has a mental health issue. It would depend very much on what other symptoms he has in order to tell what might be the diagnosis, but keeping bottles of your own urine is unusual and also unhealthy. It may be as a result of hoarding behavior or a fear he has developed. It also could be a sign of severe abuse or trauma from childhood. Regardless, something is wrong because his behavior is outside of social norms. And for whatever reason he is doing this, there is something making him act out this way.
If he is unwilling to see a therapist, you might want to try having him see his doctor. Then contact the doctor ahead of time and describe what you are seeing with your friend. The doctor may be able to convince this man to seek help.
I hope this has helped you,
Kate