How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Penny Rayas, MFT Your Own Question
Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Penny Rayas, MFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Penny, sorry I was so personal, I should have kown better.

This answer was rated:

Penny, sorry I was so personal, I should have kown better. Are there
any legal issues concerning this lifestyle as far as using your
enfemme name vs. whats on your drivers license. To live fulltime as a
woman, it seems everything would have to match up etc.
pennyrayasMFT :

It is ok, I do not see at least in california a legal problems with leaving as a woman.

pennyrayasMFT :

You would have to see a therapist and leave as a woman for 2 years

pennyrayasMFT :

to change your license


How are these types of support groups set up, what can I expect from participating in one, and do they really help resolve any personal issues this lifestyle can cause?

pennyrayasMFT :

Go to your local GBLT center and see if they have any groups. The groups really help my clients. It provides a social experience with others who have the same lifestyle. You will not be so issolated if you join one of those. If they do not have a group ask them if you can start one. They also have counselors that can help yu with resourses

Penny Rayas, MFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you