Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

I would like to get a valium prescription. I am going through

I would like to get a valium prescription. I am going through an enourmous lot of stress. My was just laid off, I work part time and homeschool my children and really need to take a small amount for this period of time I am going through.

Heidi LPC :

Hi there... unfortunately, our site doesn't offer that service; you will have to see a Dr. in your area for a prescription. I hope that we can be of assistance at another time--- thank you for utilizing our site, and all my best to you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems to be very hard to get that. I am now without health insurance, but when I had it, i asked for this as we are from argentina and I had been prescribed this before, very isolated basis, and they gave me something else. Much WORSE! I took one an evening and almost had a car accident the next day. But they would not prescribe valium. I do not understand why valium has gotten such a bad name and why we people who need something that destresses have to pay the price for those that abuse. Do you think a nurse at a CVS would be able to prescribe?

I think that it depends on the Dr. that you see. There are many choices of anti-anxiety medication, and although I am not an MD or able to prescribe medication myself, any Dr. who listens to their patient should be willing to work with them and try to meet their requests. I am not quite sure if Valium is among the prescriptions that a CVS clinic might be allowed to dispense; generally, they are allowed to prescribe antibiotics, etc... for the most general of ailments. I am sorry that we couldn't be of more assistance; I suggest that you call your local clinic and speak with the staff about that possibility. In the meantime, here is a link to some anxiety and stress-relieving techniques that might help you temporarily: http://www.helpguide.org/topics/anxiety.htm My very best to you!