How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a foreign country and need someone to help me with

This answer was rated:

I live in a foreign country and need someone to help me with my Anxiety... It has gotten out of control to the point that my self-esteem has been destroyed (contributing to more anxiety) and not being able to be there with the family, my mind is always wandering onto the next disaster... This is getting crazy I would like to be relaxed and enjoy life rather than operate in fear.


I am looking for someone that would be potentially willing to counsel me via Skype in English (and occasional meetings if in the London area other wise Skype is fine)

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about this problem you are having with anxiety.

I want to reassure you that anxiety is a very treatable mental health problem and asking for help is the first step toward feeling better.

Detailed information on Anxiety Disorders and there treatment can be found here:

In respect to getting therapy VIA Skype in the London area- I would suggest that you contact the following to obtain services:

I trust these resources will help you get help for your anxiety. If you have additional questions of me feel free to ask - I am happy to help.

Otherwise, I appreciate your positive rating so that I receive credit for my time.

Kindest regards, Bill
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Bill - I noted this is a psychotherapy site - is potentially CBT better?

CBT is the standard psychotherapeutic approach to treating anxiety disorders.
That said, in severe situations, medication is sometimes indicated for short term relief.

I am attaching the treatment protocol for treating Anxiety Disorders from the University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry (Which is a Center of Excellence for treatment) which outlines their recommendations for proper intervention and treatment.

I trust this will help you.

Kindest regards, Bill
Bill and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions