How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5839
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 19year daughter who has suicidal thoughts,lack of

This answer was rated:

hi i have a 19year daughter who has suicidal thoughts,lack of selfesteem,personality disorder,psychosis,agression needs help urgently what can i do to help or how do i find these mental health care

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

If you feel your daughter needs immediate care, it would be best to take her to your local hospital emergency room for an evaluation. The doctor there can determine if she might need admitted. Once admitted, the staff can assess your daughter, provide diagnoses and start treatment or change her treatment if her current therapy/medications are not helping her. This is particularly important if your daughter is having suicidal thoughts which should be assessed right away.

If you feel your daughter can wait for an appointment, you can contact someone here: You can also find a therapist for her at

Your daughter can also see her regular doctor. Although that is not ideal if she does need medications to control her symptoms right away, then her regular doctor can prescribe them for her until she can see a mental health professional.

I hope this has helped you,


TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you