How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ryan LCSW Your Own Question
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ryan LCSW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of psychologist must I sent my child. Our baby

This answer was rated:

What type of psychologist must I sent my child. Our baby daughter(then 19 months) and her brother(then 6 years) had an accident last year where my baby daughters one feets toes all had to be ampetite. We sent my son to a psychologist in our small town but I can see that every time we must go back for check up or go to hospital he had a set back he is know in Gr 1 and the teacher show me in his work book every time I went with his baby sister to hospital that his work is not neat or not complete as the previous day. My eldest daughter (then 7 years) was never sent to a psychologist and did not show any signs but reasently is she very aggressive and very bossy with her friends and family. Her class teacher (she in Gr 2 now) even call me in about her attitude lately because she was always a pleasant child with good manners. Please just assist what type of psychologist is the best for them to assist them in this matter. Our nearest big town is Ermelo.
Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your daughter has been experiencing. It would be best for her to see a Child Psychologist, or a Licensed Therapist who is experienced working with children. If you have a hard time specifically finding a Child Psychologist, it may help to first contact a reputable Psychologist and ask them for a reference to someone they trust who works with children.

There is also a "Play Therapy and Parental Guidance Center" in Ermelo. Play therapy is one of the most effective ways of working with children, so this may be a great resource for your daughter. I've left a link here for more information on that center, and hopefully that will at least be a good place to start in order to find the most appropriate person to help your daughter locally. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ryan LCSW and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you