DrPsychologist
DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of psychotherapy experience.
67451276

I'm looking for any psychiatrists that specialize in genetic

Customer Question

Hello. I'm looking for any psychiatrists that specialize in genetic psychiatry in the New England area. Thank You.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I am happy to help you find referrals if you would like. Could you explain to me what you mean by genetic psychiatry?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, Thank You. A psychiatrist that has clinical experience with treatment strategies, based on genetic mutations of their patients. Versus a clinician (it seems like all of them) that don't know what to do with said information, and then just reverts to the classic/current treatment model of "you fit into this category per the DSM-IV, so try these and see what happens.." But nothing seems to work. More specifically I have been tested as homozygous for a number of genes implicated in mental illness, by third party companies who do not offer clinical guidance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello. I was wondering if you still had any referrals, based on the description that I have provided.

Thanks

enzo

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello. The system keeps asking to rate the service. But I have not seen any replies on referrals to genetic psychiatrists in the area. Are you still searching?

Thanks