How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5822
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter does not like me taking xanax. I am suffering

This answer was rated:

My daughter does not like me taking xanax. I am suffering from depression (vibreed), anzixety (burporin) and xanax for panic attacks. Is there anyway that she can ask my psychologist whom I under constant care and also see a psychologist. They are taking very good care of me and I don't want to change any of the medications.

Can she take this action?

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.
Your daughter can talk to your psychologist as long as your psychologist has a written release of information from you saying it is ok to release your information to your daughter. All you need to do is ask your psychologist about a release and they will be able to help.
It sounds like your daughter might be concerned with the addictive nature of Xanax. Xanax can be an addictive drug if used long term and you begin to take it outside of your prescribed dosage. But if you are under the care of a doctor while taking this medication and you take it as prescribed, it is unlikely that there will be an issue.
Your daughter can see a psychologist if she feels she has issues she wants to discuss. It is probably better if she sees someone other than the psychologist you see since there can be a conflict if your daughter or you have issues with each other. Your daughter can find a psychologist/therapist by talking to her doctor about a referral. She can also find one by searching on line. Here is a resource to help:
I hope this has helped you,
May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you