How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3707
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I find a psychiatrist who does disability evaluations

This answer was rated:

How do I find a psychiatrist who does disability evaluations in Arkansas? I am searching for my sister who is unable to pursue this by herself any more. She is seeking Social Security disability, but also disability from the state of Alaska. We are working on both, but the state, although paying less, will provide full medical coverage. She has lupus, severe degenerative joint disease, and fibromyalgia. The state has requested she be seen by a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) who will verify that her symptoms are not psychosomatic (!). We are working on the Social Security with an attorney. Thank you.  She is also suffering from depression, much of which is caused by this delay in being approved.  She is broke and homeless (living with my brother in Arkansas) and requires many medications.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am happy to help you with this....

Bill :

Are you available to chat now?

Bill :

If you can respond to me with your City and Zip Code- I will identify Psychiatrists in your area that provide such evaluations.

Bill :

I look forward to your response and am happy to help.

Bill :

Kind regards, Bill

Bill and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bill, thank you for responding to my question. My sister is in Van Buren, AR, but we are willing to take her to a good psychiatrist as far away as Little Rock, AR; Tulsa, OK; or even Dallas, TX. If you can chat with me, can we do it tomorrow (Tuesday)? I live in the Seattle, WA area, so am in the Pacific time zone. You can call or text me (XXX) XXX-XXXX to let me know if you can chat, and how (phone, text, or on this site?). She is mentally, emotionally, and physically depleted, so she is giving me power of attorney to interact with the State of Alaska's HR department. I look forward to talking to you. Thanks, Becky

Hi Becky
I will research and give you some good contacts. I
will get back to you within 2 hours with some names.
Kind regards


The following Link will provide a list of a number of Board Certified Psychiatrists that provide the type of disability determination you are asking about.

This is a specialty called Forensic Psychiatry. All are located in Little Rock.

Here is the link:


I you have further questions, feel free to ask.

I wish you the very best.

Kindest regards, Bill

Related Mental Health Questions