RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am suffering from daily anxiety. On the weekends it is

Hello, I am suffering from daily anxiety. On the weekends it is worse. everyday I think I'm having a heart attack and then as soon as my mind shifts I feel normal and sleep fine but when I'm in the attack and can't see out of it and want to call 9-11. I actually wake up with worry and then the afternoon it seems to subside. Do you have any thoughts on how I can make the morning anxiety go away.? It's like my mind automatically goes to worry which is usually based around my health.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about your situation, which seems truly frustrating and perhaps overwhelming.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

thanks

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

it is

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

On the worst days I head over to urgent care only to find out I'm not ill

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome. Thank you for replying.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What you are describing seems to match what we known as panic attacks, which are overwhelming experiences of anxiety when people have developed anxiety disorder to the point where your psyche and body, feel that they cannot handle the intensity of negative of painful feelings-fears or stress, thus use the attacks as ways to get some relief.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

but at this point the worry feels like a habit that I can't seem to break

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

interesting

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

I definitely agree with you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Trying to eradicate the attacks without working on the core issues fueling anxiety and leading to the attacks would not work.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

for me the cycle is based on health anxiety - I'm worried over having a heart attack, the thoughts don't stop, I start to panic and then I feel like I'm actually having one

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Your body-mind get conditioned - learn to go through this process, and it gets reinforced every time it happens. Avoidance or repression would not help, but fuel it.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

I have had a physical and a cardiac workup

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

everything is fine

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

so what can I do in the immediacy

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

to start to break this

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

I used to feel fairly normal

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

so i know I can get ack there

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

and of course when I'm distracted I feel great

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The most common experience people have when undergoing a panic attack is about the real belief they are having a heart attack, it feels like one, and that's why they go to the hospital for medical support.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

mine is actually fueled by the possibility of it my focus with my anxiety is on breathing and cardiac

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

and fear of dying

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

so I wake up feeling vulnerable everyday

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For you to experience panic attacks it means you have already been developing excessive anxiety, not effectively coping with it nor with the issues-concerns behind it, to the point of presenting panic attacks. Then the only effective way for you to rehabilitate from this disorder instead of getting worse is through individual psychotherapy, where you could work from processing your core feelings from fears and issues, to venting and learning coping skills and anxiety management.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The more you delay necessary therapy, the harder it could get for you to rehabilitate from this disorder, and the more complex it could get, and i am sure you do not want to afford that at all.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

I am seeing a psychologist but am unable to figure out what to do to cut down on initial wake up anxiety

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

a quick fix so I don't go into panic

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

for instance on a day like todya

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

today

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

When people go from anxiety to panic attacks, then if without support, they could develop further fears, phobias and other anxiety disorders, affecting mood, functioning, relationships, everything really.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

Any thoughts on how I can do that?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

1- Work on core distorted beliefs - fears
2- Work on becoming more mindful about feelings and fears,
3- Acknowledge all your feelings and emotions, without denying , avoiding or repressing them
4- Try to learn something useful - helpful they could teach you about yourself and your life

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

ok thank you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

4- Confront irrational or destructive thoughts, tendencies
5- Remind yourself of healthy ways you have learned to effectively cope with stress, implementing what you learn from psychotherapy.
6- Redirect your mind, body and heart towards something productive and enjoyable after implementing a relaxation technique or positive self-talking. Consider regular journaling as an extra way of venting for you to eliminate anxiety and prepare for better therapeutic work with your psychotherapist.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

thanks

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Finally, tr to involve close supportive family members or friends to support you when feeling this way, that could make a big difference since allowing you not to focus on the fear - symptoms but to set some energy -attention towards health and enjoyable activities. Venting with the support of people close to you could be very powerful too and should be included in every therapeutic plan.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

yes I have been doing that

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

which has helped definitely

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

thank you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good, then keep doing that and discuss with your psychologist adjustments to your therapy in order to more effectively cope with and reduce your anxiety, specially when triggered by specific periods - like mornings or any other factor. is-her job is to listen and understand your experience as no other person can, so to support you as you need and deserve, that's why clients need to be totally open and honest about their experience and proacive telling therapist what they feel, need , what works or not for them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome.

JACUSTOMER-ewj52c7g- :

thanks

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome.