RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My boyfriend of four years switches his mood like a light.

My boyfriend of four years switches his mood like a light. He found out that I took a pregnancy test. Two days ago he told me he didn't want to use a condom even though I told him I was done with the month with my birth control. After that I took the morning after pill. To make sure we were safe. I took a test because it was five days after I took my last birth control and I still hadn't had my period. It was negative. I got home tonight and he accused me of cheating on him. Told me if I was pregnant he couldn't be sure it was his. He even accused me of trying to get pregnant. He was drinking but what kind of excuse is that. We live together. How could I or why would I cheat on him? So stupid. My question is how do I get out of this?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know about this concerning and frustrating situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please tell me for how long has he been this way?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is very serious sine what you describe shows how much you care about your relationship, shows responsibility, proactiveness and caring, while his actions and words show lack of respect and trust, abuse, no accountability.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The scenario you depicted seems to point not at you at all, but at very serious personal issues he has, and I do not see how your relationship could truly mature and growth into a health and fulfilling one, unless he chooses to acknowledge his serious problems, taking full responsibility for them, and getting necessary professional counseling support in order to work on himself.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You could continue trying to do your best, ***** ***** would not resolve his issues impacting your relationship. You nor anybody else but him can work on making real changes so necessary for him to become a mature and health adult.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You have been living together for four years, and it is long enough for him to know about your respect and fidelity, if he does not, it's because of his own issues in that and other areas undermining from his judgment, to his emotions, mood, words and actions.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist says:3/3/13 9:19 AM

3/3/13 9:22 AM

3/3/13 9:23 AM

3/3/13 9:25 AM

3/3/13 9:30 AM

3/3/13 9:31 AM

3/3/13 9:34 AM

3/3/13 9:39 AM3/3/13 9:39 AM

Does it make sense?