Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

What are risks of teaching 2 year old martial arts including

What are risks of teaching 2 year old martial arts including punches and choke holds?
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am happy to help with this and as a former student of marital arts, I can tell you that most reputable Karate experts will tell you that children are not emotionally or psychologically developed for marital arts instruction until they are aged 4-6.

Bill :

Therefore a 2 year old is too young and most definitely not be learning dangerous techniques such as choke holds and punching as they are likely to re-enact these in other places.

Bill :

Read the following and I think you will glean further insight into what other experts and parents believe is best for children and why.

Bill :

If you have additional questions for me, feel free to ask- I am happy to help.

Bill :

Kindest regards, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Bill :

Thank you