Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I think I am addicted to Porn. Due to my addiction I am

I think I am addicted...

I think I am addicted to Porn. Due to my addiction I am loosing up a lot in my life. I may ignore a lot of essential work and masturbate &  then sleep-over it with a feeling of guilt. Masturbation always induce sleep so that it result in more neglect of work. Background: From the childhood I didn't have much access to pornographic material. Internet has not started by that time I didn't had a big brother or elder friends with whom I can try some magazines/books/videos. Even in high school I was a nerd and had little knowledge of birds and bees. I end up fantasizing too much about porn, how is it made, who works in it, what goes in the mind of porn stars while shooting sex in front of all. I had few friends and never a girlfriend. I got married some time back with a girl who was also as in-experienced as I am. But the real problem started when my wife started giving signals that she is not interested in sex at all. She may accommodate my request from time to time but herself she has no desire. Never was a time when she would feel amorous and feel a need building up in her, coming on to me with her desire. We never had extended foreplay, playing with each others bodies etc as for most of the things are dirty, she even doesn't feel comfortable in getting naked. So all in all, my sex life is not good, neither before marriage or after it. This has resulted in me succumbing back to my fantasies. The main genre of porn that I am interested in is: Behind the stage: where they show on the set shooting of porn. I am always amazed at looking at girls roaming around fully naked getting ready for their shoot. The whole idea that some people are so comfortable with sex that they can perform it in front of so many people and to be watched by everybody across the world, is totally stuck up in my mind and is totally different from whatever i have experienced in my own life. I can search and watch such videos for hours and that is why I think i am addicted to porn. Please help me to kick-off this habit as it is ruining my professional life as well as personal life.

2/24/2013
Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about this.

Take the following quiz- if you are addicted to porn it will show in score of the quiz.

Take the SATS Quiz Now:
http://www.sexhelp.com/am-i-a-sex-addict/sex-addiction-test

If the results indicate sexual addiction seek help with and expert therapist that can be found here:

http://www.aasect.org/directory_usa.asp

Over 35 years of experience tells me---------if you think you are addicted --you probably are..........getting help is essential as these problems are outside of ones immediate control.

Kindest regards,
Bill
Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Bill
Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness