How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ryan LCSW Your Own Question
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ryan LCSW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having to get my 11 year old daughter to be referred to

This answer was rated:

I am having to get my 11 year old daughter to be referred to a child psychologist because my daughter's behavior is getting worse. She has been diagnoised with Depression and Anxiety Disorder. She has been seeing a counselor at a local mental health facility; however, there is a great turnover there and my daughter had to see 3 different counselors in less than 6 months. I need to locate another child psychologist so when I ask her physician, I can tell him a name. Is there anyway, there is a website that you know of where I can get a list of names and read about their practice?
Thanks for your question, and I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through with your daughter. In my experience one of the best websites to locate a child psychologist and learn a bit about themselves and their practice is:

Another good resource is which will also help you to find a child psychologist in your area, and sometimes clients have left reviews that can help you to make more of an informed decision.

If you have any trouble using these websites or locating someone near you please let me know and I'll make sure to help you out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is a clinical psychologist? That is all that is around the area?

A clinical psychologist is a regular psychologist who may or may not work with children. If you want to send me your zip code I can try to help you find a child psychologist in your area.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is 43337. Thank you

No problem I'm glad I can help.


It looks like the closest Child Psychologists in your area are about 40 - 45 miles away. You can access that list here.

There are a number of Clinical Social Workers and Therapists who specialize in working with children closer to your area, and you can access that list here.

Ryan LCSW and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you