Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

An overdose oof lamictal 600mgs with overdose of ambien

Customer Question

an overdose oof lamictal 600mgs with overdose of ambien would that lead to severe memory loss and confusion?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Dr Vikas :

Hello

Dr Vikas :

Is it possible for you to ask your question in a little bit more detail?

Dr Vikas :

Thanks

Customer:

my friend took by mistake 2does of laamictal and a lot of ambient on last wednesday.She has severe memory loss and is very easily confused.she was practicallypsychotic making no sense at all. she still doing very poorly. her normal prescriptions are neuranton, clonapin,laminal saphris and muscle relaxers. her life is a mess-welfare and medicaid and possible eviction. she was diagnosed with depression ans

Dr Vikas :

Thanks for your reply. Yes, overdose of Zolpidem (Ambien) can indeed cause symptoms such as excessive sedation, confusion and memory disturbance which could be due to both the previously mentioned reasons.

Dr Vikas :

Psychotic symptoms may also appear in such patients.

Dr Vikas :

I really do appreciate your concern towards your friend well being.

Dr Vikas :

If she is physically fit and health there are chances that she will recover and these symptoms will subside gradually.

Dr Vikas :

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to discuss further if you have other questions and press the reply back button. If you are satisfied with my answers, please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Dr Vikas :

Kind regards

Dr Vikas :

Vikas

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Hello

May I know the reason why you have given me a bad service rating?

I have clearly mentioned it that if you have any other query or if your question is not yet answered fully you can ask further?

Regards

Vikas
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Have to go now.

Will wait for your reply. If your question was not fully answered I would be more than happy to answer all of your queries.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Will try to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

Vikas