Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Will clonazepam help me with SE of Zoloft. I get even more

Will clonazepam help me with SE of Zoloft. I get even more anxious on Zoloft, the 3rd day was horrible! Anxious and depressed. That's why I ask about Clonazepam.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Sometimes the patient AND the physician get anxiety mixed up with akathisia, which is a restlessness, inner tension, and inability to stay still

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It causes a great deal of distress, and can cause suicidal thinking because it is so horrible.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It usually subsides after a few days, or if the dosage of Zoloft is decreased.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Clonazepam is used to treat both anxiety and akathisia, and so it should be useful.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Checking the risk of these two drugs being used together shows only a moderate risk of interaction, particularly in labored breathing, above all in the elderly, but you should not experience this; I just wanted you to know that the risk exists.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=703-0,2057-0

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

According to www.drugs.com, the recommended dosage for clonazepam are as follows for Panic Disorder (although also given for anxiety):

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Initial dose: 0.25 mg bid.

Maintenance dose: An increase to the target dose for most patients of 1 mg/day may be made after 3 days.

The dose may be increased in increments of 0.125 to 0.25 mg bid every 3 days until panic disorder is controlled or until side effects make further increases undesired. To reduce the inconvenience of somnolence, administration of one dose at bedtime may be desirable.

Maximum Dose: 4 mg/day

Treatment should be discontinued gradually, with a decrease of 0.125 mg bid every 3 days, until the drug is completely withdrawn.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Always check with your physician. I can't prescribe but I can give you the known facts.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you the best and shall keep you in my prayers. You will be fine.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

War, regardsl.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Thank you so much. God bless and protect you, Rowan.

Elliott