Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
16045978

I think my son has a drug problem but all i get is lies, can

I think my son has a drug problem but all i get is lies, can a psychiatrist help him
Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through with your son. A psychiatrist should be able to help your son and identify what the problem is, but it does depend on your son's willingness to meet and talk with them. Psychiatrists and most Therapists are familiar with the signs of drug abuse, so the hope would be that even if your son is not completely honest, that they would be able to recognize the symptoms and be able to recommend the best course of action to help your son. If it is determined that your son has a drug problem, the best person for him to continue to meet with would be licensed substance abuse counselor.

I hope that I've been able to answer your question, and if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Ryan