Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, I have come to the conclusion, well, nearly,

Dear Dr. Keane, I have come to the conclusion, well, nearly, that even though I still need to make time in my diary for a GP appointment, I may still need Fluoxitine on the specified days. It makes me feel a bit sad, but it's near that time where I'd start taking them and it's dawned on me that I sadly still need them. The previous two months had been a bit different, I hadn't felt the symptoms until a bit later, perhaps because I felt less pressure on me, or because naturally it isn't always the same. but anywayI think I was maybe being a bit too optimistic that I'd be nearly done with needing the medication. I am still when I do get an appointment going to try and do as you suggested and also clear up my concerns about the medication with her as well. I am trying, as you also said, to stay positive about them as for the moment I don't really want, nor have the time to feel as awful as I did.....Not working bankers hours today lol, but hope to chat if I can and if not, I look forward to your comments and hope you had a good weekend.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry you are still so concerned about taking your medications. I think it is a good idea to speak with your GP about how you feel about taking them. I am not sure what will be suggested and GP may say you have two choices, take the medication and feel better or stop taking it and go back to feeling the way you use to every month. If you are so uncomfortable with the idea of being on medication for an extended time you may want to try finding a natural homeopathic remedy (if it works for you). You can look for a reputable homeopathic doctor who can explore a more natural remedy for those times you are symptomatic. This will probably take some exploration and time to find the right combination of natural ingredients to help you. At least this way you will lose some of the angst about being on medication. Something to think about. Sorry I missed you.