Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I am wondering why most times i can control my drinking such

Hello i am wondering why most times i can control my drinking such as out to dinner with friends and dont want any more than one drink, but alone sometimes i have drank too much. What does that mean?
Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am happy to help you with this.

Bill :

I have worked in the Addictive Disease Field for over 30 years.

Bill :

There are many ways that people can have problems with drinking.

Bill :

Every person is different however, there is a standard rule of thumb and that is "if you feel or think that you have a problem with drinking....you probably do."

Bill :

I see you are having a problem engaging chat??????

Bill :

What I will do is switch to Q & A mode and I will be happy to answer any questions you have with this.

Bill :

Hold just a second..........

You can respond here; I am attaching information on Alcohol use and Abuse from Harvard University.

It will help you understand the issue associated with drinking patterns and whether this is a problem for you . Then you can respond to me below and I will reply.

http://helpguide.org/mental/alcohol_abuse_alcoholism_signs_effects_treatment.htm

The following self scoring quiz will give you an idea as to whether Alcohol is a problem for you . Let me know what you score.
http://counsellingresource.com/lib/quizzes/drug-testing/alcohol-cage/

I look forward to your response.

Kindest regards, Bill