Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I had a question about my cousin with Azbergers disease and

i had a question about...

i had a question about my cousin with Azbergers disease and a recent development with his behavior

1/2/2013
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Customer:

hello

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What is your question about Asperger's please?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

How was his behavior before and how has it changed?

Customer:

well recently he began to urinate, once in school and he had to go home and change clothes and get changed and also he began doing this behavior at home and peeing on his bed and also the walls. Hes is 16 years old

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What does he say about it?

Customer:

im not sure, im not that close to him, but i heard its happening. He did say something about his mind is telling him to do this behavior and we are not sure what he means by that.

Customer:

maybe voices?

Customer:

or maybe he means he has the urge\

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He may have something going on that is more than Asperger's.

Customer:

its possible, but aspergers is all I know for sure and I did not know if peeing is a common indicator or anything

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Younger Asperger kids, even up to nine years old sometimes rebel or show their will by peeing in inappropriate places, but considering there may be voices involved.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me show you an article in my file. It does not talk about old kids.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Give me a second.

Customer:

ok

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2011/09/urinating-in-all-wrong-places.html

Customer:

maybe he is acting out

Customer:

wanting attention

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It could be.

Customer:

but it does seem he is a bit old

Customer:

for that behavior

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He is too young for psychoses such as schizophrenia. That doesn't occur until the 20s usually.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

And you are not sure of the voices.

Customer:

well, he said his mind told him to do it, so what could that mean?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Is he hard of hearing? Some with AD are.

Customer:

its a strange description

Customer:

i thnk his hearing is ok, but maybe not

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Has anything else changed?

Customer:

no i dont think so, just normal school

Customer:

day to day

Customer:

as far as i know

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

How often has this happened?

Customer:

i think a handful of times, but the one time as school was bad as obviously he can be made fun of now by the kids

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Kids are cruel, but he will have to face it.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Don't let him make this too big a deal.

Customer:

i worry he may be dangerous

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Maybe he just had to go and his mind told him he had to go or wet himself.

Customer:

if he hears voices

Customer:

although he has not been violent ever

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He is not dangerous.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The boy at the school did not have asperger's and had no record of hearing voices, it has come out.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He wasn't even under treatment.

Customer:

he did not have asbergers?

Customer:

really?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I have some wonderful children as clients (face-to-face ones) who have asperger's. They are wonderful children.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

thank you

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

My friend's grandson has it and he was just the subject of a book that she wrote. This boy is the darling of the judges in his state (his father is a judge).

Customer:

i see

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If this continues or gets worse his parents might want to talk to a child psychologist, but right now it is an isolated incident and just needfs watching.

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

i will find out more

Customer:

i apprciate it

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will keep him, and all of you in my prayers, Have a wonderful new year,and God bless you. Warm regards, Elliott

Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist