How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5809
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I consider myself fine (without mental illness) but

This answer was rated:

I consider myself fine (without mental illness) but psychiatrists in Basildon hospital insists that I have paranoia psysofreina and insists on giving medication. My partner shares my view. Is there anything you can do to help?
What kind of help are you seeking?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

help to stop psychiatrists giving me medication.

You always have the right to refuse to take any mediations prescribed for you by any doctor, even if they feel you need it to feel better. There is no way they can force you to take anything against your will, unless you are court ordered to do so. Other doctors and therapists can make recommendations regarding your situation, but none of them can stop your doctors from prescribing what they feel will help you to get better.
You may want to seek out another opinion about your care if you are unhappy about your current doctors recommendations. You are allowed to do so just by asking someone at the facility you are with now or by making an appointment with another doctor in another facility. The new doctor can either decide you do not need medications, or they can prescribe other medications that you may feel better taking.
You always have a choice about the care you receive. And if you feel forced to take medications or participate in therapy, you can ask for a patient advocate. An advocate is a person who is on your side and helps you navigate the care you receive so you can be heard and your opinions count.
I hope this has helped you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am under section 3 so they have the right to force medicine onto me. They are also talking about giving me community treatment order.

You may want to consider hiring a patient advocate then so you can have a say so in your care. If it is forced because it is under section 3, there is not much you can do for now, but you can have help in voicing your opinions about your care. Here is a link to help you find someone to help:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you willing to be my advocate?

I am sorry, as much as I would like to be, I am not qualified to do so. I am also located in the U.S., so that would be physically impossible to do. But the link I gave you provides local advocates that can help you and they are trained and qualified to do so.


May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!

TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions