Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I deal with ocd and anxiety. At the moment I take tryptophan

Hi
I deal with ocd and anxiety. At the moment I take tryptophan and this help. But I was wondering that tryphtophan rises ones serotonin level. But because it is going to be dark
because of winter isent there a risk that the melatonin level is rising too during daytime? My obssession is that this might be dangerous? Its dark in Skandinavia.This is my question I hope my english is ok.
Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Taking the tryptophan will not harm you. It is an essential amino acid, and is available in many foods.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Read this article:

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

I checked the drugs interactions. Even if you take tryptophan supplements AND melatonin supplements together, you will not suffer any side effects or interactions whatsoever.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Because you live in the land of the midnight sun, you might consider getting a light therapy lamp (SAD lamp).

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

To give you an idea of the great variety, look at this UK site.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_3?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sad+light&sprefix=SAD%2Caps%2C443

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Light therapy might prove very helpful to you. Speak to your physician.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Or take a look at this book on the subject:

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Your English is great, by the way.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

If you need more assistance, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. That helps me. I have already an light terapi lamp, that I use from almost september to spring. I think it is a help. I take a session for half hour in the morning and fifteen minuttes in the afternoon. Its blue light. Too much? Can I take more?

Dear *****s,

Because everyone responds differently to light therapy, the necessary level of exposure is unique to each individual, according to his or her needs. Usually, 30 minutes a day is a sufficient amount of time for your body to absorb its needed sunlight. You should be consistent. The ideal time is during the morning, within 30-60 minutes after waking.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

Dear *****s,

Thank YOU so much. Please remember to leave me positive feedback so that JustAnswer can acknowledge me for my work.

Warm regards,

Elliott