Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

I cry all of the time, I am crying as I write this because I

Customer Question

I cry all of the time, I am crying as I write this because I am so mad at myself for not being able to controll my emotions. I have no medical insurance and have lost my job. I have other issues but I need to fine out what is wrong with me before I can address those issues. I can't let anyone in my family know that I am talking about my problems. What is wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Dr Vikas :

Hello

Dr Vikas :

Since when you are feeling like this?

Dr Vikas :

any other symptoms you would like to mention such as sadness, loss of interest in surrounding, fatigue, hopelessness etc?

Dr Vikas :

will get back to you once I get your reply

Customer:

Of course I am sad I cry all of the time. I get angry with myself for that and it make situations worse then I cry more.

Dr Vikas :

I can understand and sorry to ask this silly question but just wanted to rule out the possibility of depression.

Dr Vikas :

I am giving you a link below regarding symptoms of depression, please go through the link and let me that are you also experiencing the similar symptoms or not, if yes, the reason behind your feeling this way is probably because you are suffering from depression.

Dr Vikas :

If it is indeed depression, then simply starting some antidepressant like Sertraline or Fluoxetine by your doctor should be very helpful in treating these symptoms and after starting the treatment you will notice a great improvement in your symptoms within 1-2 weeks of starting the treatment.