How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Olsen Your Own Question
Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2336
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Olsen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew is hiding cameras in my nieces room and watching

This answer was rated:

My nephew is hiding cameras in my nieces room and watching her naked. He has been caught, taking pictures of his mother as well! What is the course of action that should be taken???
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
How old is your nephew?
How is he doing in school?
Has he ever worked with a psychotherapist before?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Hi there
Thank you for writing in here.
It sounds like your nephew may have impulse control problems and/or other mental health issues.
I don't know his age.
But, I would advise his parent or family to take him to a clinical psychologist for assessment to see if he has any mental health problem, get an accurate diagnosis and develop a good treatment plan.
It's most likely that he may need to work with a psychological counselor weekly for a few months until he can correct his action/behavior.
You may ask his doctor for a psychologist/psychotherapist that he can work with weekly. Or his family may call his insurance company and get a list of providers (licensed psychologists or psychotherapists) in his area.
Or, you can search a licensed psychologist on internet- such as the PSYCHOLOGY TODAY website. Go to ( and enter your zip code and optional category of specialty such as Impulse control. Read psychotherapists’ profile to see if he or she specializes in Cognitive-Behavior therapy.
If he has no health insurance or needs a low fee treatment, his family may call The United Way toll free # 211 (Dial 2-1-1)to find the community mental health centers in his area in which he can get counseling even without health insurance.
Please let me know if you have more questions. Best regards,
Dr. Olsen and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you