JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
11914957

I am having a hard time coping with life- ptsd. It started

Customer Question

I am having a hard time coping with life- long ptsd. It started again after the loss of my identical twin, Eileen, after a 30 year (23 of those years undiagnosed-miss diagnosed) battle with pheochromocytma. I lost my job while trying to care for her and she died after 16 days in the hospital after surgery to save her collapsing spine. My grandson got the same type of cancer only 8 months later (he was only 11 months old) I was losing my home and was in extreme turmoil with the rest of my brothers and sisters because of a total lack of knowledge of how bad Eileen was. I am healing now and am going to therapy. I believe I had a bout of dissociative disorder. I am in AA (I relapsed after 17 years after Eileen was finally diagnosed in 2001. Thank God I have 5 years back now. One of my problems is that my "sponcer" tells me all I do is think about myself (I think I re-lived the trauma of seeing her dying in the hospical and just the whole painful story of how long she went miss diagnosed. I don't even feel safe in AA and am kind of hurt/disapointed that no one saw how much "trouble" I was in.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 4 years ago.
JaRee1993 :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a mental health counselor. I would like to try to help you with the pain and frustration I hear in your story. May I ask what it is you are needing right now? I hear a lot of dissappointment, anger and disoluionment; is this true?

JaRee1993 :

I will be waiting to hear from you. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

Customer:

I'm at home. Yes, I am.

JaRee1993 :

I can certainly understand why you are feeling this way. May I ask you some questions to enable me to better help you

JaRee1993 :

Are you online?

JaRee1993 :

I will be online for a time helping other customers. Please feel free to get back with me if you would like to chat. Thank you! Ja`Ree

Customer:

im sorry, I am getting ready for church and a meeting. Can I contact you a little later?

JaRee1993 :

Yes you can. Just post your message to JaRee. Will look forward to chating with you later