Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Hope you can help me wife has left the family home four

hi hope you can help...
hi hope you can help me wife has left the family home four weeks ago with our three kids after a year off sleeping down stairs in her own room and i have tried to talk to her so we can get help like counseling but she wont go she keeps saying i need space all i have done is give her space just want her home kids upset all the time when i see them my son is six says daddy why dont you want me home and that really hurts so i told wife please come home think of kids i will move out for while just want kids to be at home and today she came home happy my babies are home but now i think she has planned this all along
11/18/2012
psychlady
psychlady, Therapist

It sounds like she is giving you excuses for her absence. I am very sorry for your situation and deep down you know you can't change her mind unless she is willing to change. She may be trying to let you down easy and deep down doesn't know how to tell you. If she had her own room then this may have been coming on for some time. You cannot of course facilitate marriage counseling alone. Once a person has attended counseling and the partner refuses to join no other work can be done. Your only option is to see a counselor so that you can learn how to grieve this relationship. You will have difficulty with young children and it is best to have support. Then you have someone to help you with this huge transition and one of those issues can be how to explain this to your children. You can appeal to her need to be a good parent but in the end you can only change you. I would focus less to the time she had this planned and focus on how to move forward

psychlady
psychlady, Therapist

my fear also is she is trying to let go but cant tell me straight out where i stand i have been told i was stupid to leave house but all i can think off is the kids is there a chance there could be depression related i know i just grasping a straws but i love her so much she such a wonderful person before all of this and just need to find her again

psychlady
psychlady
psychlady, Therapist