How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5807
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant get this too work with the new password

This answer was rated:

I need mental help and don't know who to go to. I'm so anxious and depressed, my life is not what it use to be. The only medicl issue I have is Thyroid Hashimotos and the Dr. say my #'s are good. The thing that is driving me CRAZY is the hair loss I've been having for 3.5 years. It's on my mind 24/7. The Dr.s I've seen for thyroid and hairloss say I need to seek hlep. Who do I go to?


I CAN'T get this to work

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time. Any physical illness is hard to cope with but when you have something like hair loss as a symptom, it can create anxiety and depression.

Hair loss, whatever the cause, tends to make anyone feel they are losing control of their own body. You feel there is no way to stop it and that alone can create anxiety. It is also a loss. Because of the emphasis that society puts on our looks, hair loss can cause you to feel very self conscious which is painful.

In order to help yourself cope with what you are going through, therapy is the best option. A therapist can help you work on ways to cope with your anxiety and depression. Talking about how you feel can help you feel more in control and provide you with much needed support.

To find a therapist, talk with your doctor about a referral. Or you can search on line at Be sure to ask for a therapist that can help with illness related anxiety and depression.

The type of therapist you need ranges from a Master's level therapist to a Ph.D. level. Here is a guide to the credentials in the field:

You may also want to work on your symptoms through self help. Here are some resources to help:

The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne is excellent for any fears. It is self help and contains everything from supplements to relaxation techniques.

The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-by-Step Program by Bill Knaus Ed.D. and Jon Carlson Psy.D. Ed.D.

I hope this has helped you,
TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions