Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

Back muscles sore and hert take atavan and helps a lot,

Customer Question

back muscles sore and hert take atavan and helps a lot , other muscle relaxers dont. SO is myproblem back related or nerves and stress,MRI was clear.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Rao replied 4 years ago.
Doctor Rao :

Hi are you online

Customer:

yes

Doctor Rao :

some of the symptoms you have mentioned might be due to Fibromyalgia especially in the light of clear MRI and othe reinvestigations.Has your doctor discussed possibility of this option?

Customer:

no, but op doctor said maybe muscle imbalance

Doctor Rao :

ok. Yes. In some people, fibromyalgia presents with unexplained muscle aches, chronic widespread pain, fatigue, and heightened pain in response to tactile pressure

Customer:

started 9 mounths ago spasms, and muscle twiching, has been better,then has gotten worse,until i take an atavin most symptoms go away

Doctor Rao :

I have to be honest, It is difficult for me to confirm the diagnosis online but it is one of the possibility.I hope you can understand. The cause of this condition is still largely unknown but what we do know s stress increases this and might have some genetic predisposition.Anxiety might also play a role.This might be one of the reasons why you felt better with ativan

Doctor Rao :

but Ativan cannot be the longterm solution as in the long term it has its own problems like tolerance and Dependecne.

Customer:

well my mother had lupus

Doctor Rao :

Fibromyalgia is often associated with anxiety and depressive symptoms. OK. Ativan is helpful int he short term but in the lantern medications like Amitriptylline or Duloxetine are helpful. But please discuss with your family physician about this first.

Customer:

ok thanks alot

Doctor Rao :

No problem. I hope you would be able to discuss with your doctor.I wish you all the best.Try not to use ativan for longtime.If you find the answer helpful,please provide expositive feedback.Thank you

Customer:

no problem

Doctor Rao :

OK.All the best.bye for now,Thanks.