How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistMarryAnn Your Own Question
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 5838
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistMarryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I attended a psychaitrist for 23 years. As his patient am I

This answer was rated:

I attended a psychaitrist for 23 years. As his patient am I qualified to recieving a copu of my records, I took place in the state of Georgia.

Are you asking how to get your records or if you do have the right to get your records?

Thank you,


Customer: replied 4 years ago.


To obtain your records, you can go into the psychiatrist's office directly or call them and ask for a copy of your records.The psychiatrist is allowed to block out any personal notes in your file that he has taken since they are not covered by the right to know law. But otherwise, you can have a copy of your records. The doctor may also want to review them with you, since some of the information may be in technical terms and not easy to figure out.

You do have a right to your records. If you do experience any difficulty with obtaining your records, you can contact an attorney or your local mental health advocates in your county or state for assistance.

I hope this has helped you,

TherapistMarryAnn and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you