Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

How can you tell if a child has high functioning autism..I

How can you tell if a child has high functioning autism..I think my son might have it..My brother also has it but wasn't diagnosed till he was 23..I don't want to wait that long..my son is only 5..
Thank you for your question. The only definite way to know if your son has autism is through completing a complete psychological battery by a psychologist. Having said that, if you notice that your son is not socializing with others, has no eye contact, lack of emotional reciprocity, and delay in language skills, I would have your son evaluated for autism.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.