Kelley
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
20327072

I have been feeling really down recently and started

Customer Question

hi i have been feeling really down recently and started obsessing about my girlfriends past sexual relationships. i am a wheelchair user following a spinal cord injury 10 years ago. i can get erections but cannot ejaculate. i aM REASONABLY INDEPENDENT BUT Do need help with showering and cooking as ive poor hand function. i feel empty on the inside for a while now but my thoughts of my gf are driving me crazy. i want to question her constantly and just get one answer and leads to more thougfhts and questions?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 5 years ago.
Kelley :

Hi. Thanks for using JustAnswer! I can hear your frustration. I would suggest you ask yourself by continually bringing up the past are you trying to accomplish? Are you feeling jealous and comparing yourself to her ex's, are you feeling insecure in your relationship with her, are you trying to unconsciously sabatoge the relationship, etc. By exploring what is underneath the obsessions you can begin to make this better. It does sound like you may have some depression by your statements "I have been feeling really down recently" and "I feel empty on the inside for awhile now". I would suggest you find a local therapist who does cognative behavioral therapy, which is a thought changing therapy, and can be very helpful in treating depression. It would also be helpful to make an appointment the doctor who prescribes your xanex and let them know the symptoms you are feeling. Thoughts?

Customer:

i thought that maybe my thoughts were more as a result of low mood and passive death wishes. i think about suicide too but would not do it esp when my parents are alive. maybe i am insecure about relationship but whrn i get the answer to some questions it eases my anxiety temporily. my now gf i met on a dating/sex site. she hasnt done anyrhing wrong and in her life has had 10 partners but it consumes me that one of the guys had sex without condems,, (both sti free and checked before hand)

i just hate feeling like this. why would i obseess about her past too?

Customer: