TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

Although i have all i need, i feel that i have nothing. My

Although i have all i need, i feel that i have nothing. My dad died last month. I girl i thought i was going to marry, turned out to be a scam. Im left feeling all alone in this world. I haven't grieved over my father, is something catching up to me?
CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

I think the loss of this girl has kicked up all of the emotions around the loss of your Dad...especially since you haven't grieved that loss. My condolences on your loss. the loss of a parent is very tough.

CoachJenK :

working many hours is just that...working many hours...it doesnt really do much for the pain as it buries it for a bit but it always returns.

Customer:

what do you think i should do.

CoachJenK :

Allow yourself to feel it all...very hard to do as the pain is intense...but it is the only way to get through it.

CoachJenK :

would you find it helpful to talk to someone face to face and get into some grief counseling?

CoachJenK :

do you have a support system?

CoachJenK :

Are you here with me?

CoachJenK :

Here is a reading resource for you. http://www.griefsupport.com/images/Loss_of_a_Parent.pdf

CoachJenK :

This resource also lists some other wonderful books to help you get through the loss.

CoachJenK :

Let me know if you would like to talk. I am here if you do.

CoachJenK :

Dont want you to feel alone...I am here to listen.

CoachJenK :

Would you like to talk? I would like to be able to help.

Customer:

i have a hard time talking about my feelings. i watched my father take his last breath, then inform the hospice nurse he was gone.

CoachJenK :

That is incredibly painful to witness.....your being with him gave him comfort. He wasn't alone. you were with him. but now you are left with all of those feelings and they are locked inside but causing you to feel alone and running from them as it is painful.

CoachJenK :

As you let yourself feel it and express it, things will ease. It is very raw and it takes time.

Customer:

thanks, ***** *****

CoachJenK :

I hope I have provided some comfort to you. Please care for yourself..let yourself feel it.

Customer:

ok

CoachJenK :

He passed last month and it is very new and very painful. Keep your fond memories of him in your heart.

CoachJenK :

you can come to me anytime if you would like to talk.

CoachJenK :

I know it is hard for you.