How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KansasTherapist Your Own Question
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
KansasTherapist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son applied for help and a psychiatrist and a GP doctor

This answer was rated:

Hello.My son applied for help and a psychiatrist and a GP doctor for help in social and legal issues as a person who has a serious disease in severely limiting its capabilities and neeMy son does not have the disease because of the possibility to live and we do not know their rights. I want to have information about it.ds, he has not provided the assistance.Son tried to get a job on their own. But every such attempt ends deterioration of his health and prolonged hospitalization.Need help him to find a job and help to adapt and return to normal life.I'm his mother. We live together. I am alone and I work with my son live on my salary. We are migrants. Disability my son from Estonia gets 60 pounds. We rent a room and I sleep and son in the same bed. Even to me very difficult in these conditions. Son often has a bad mood, and tMy son does not have the disease because of the possibility to live and we do not know their rights. I want to have information about are other problems with his health.My son does not have the disease because of the possibility to live and we do not know their rights. I want to have information about it.
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. What illness does your son have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm ready to answer your Mental Health question, but I need some more information to provide a full answer. Please answer me as soon as possible so that I can get back to you right away. View my response >

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am 53 years old, I work nights. I am very tired of the son's illness, very tired to pull it off. But it is completely helpless and unprotected and that he live if he does not, I'll provide financial support, he is not able to work and stay on the street.He sleeps a lot, probably from lekarstva.Esli went with me to the store the next day to sleep most of the day. Wakes up very depressed and irritable during sleep does not rest, feels after sleeping overwhelmed and annoyed. He is constantly depressed and tired.I live here in London, and his father in Estonia. My son sometimes goes to his father for a few months, but always comes back to mne.Tak as he is unable to work, it contains I or his father, when he goes to his father. I am very tired and I do not have power. I need help with the support and help of my son.
I'm sorry I will have to opt out and let another expert help you. Best wishes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's that when you need a real support.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Hello, I hope I can help. It appears from your question that the language barrier is making it very hard for you to understand what your son's rights are in this situation. If you know someone who is able to help you with translation, you might take them with you and ask your son's doctor for a meeting. If you can't provide your own translator, mental health services is required to provide you and your son with one. There should be a day treatment program for people with mental illness in your area that could help him structure his day, monitor his medications, and, possibly, find him a job he would be able to keep. The key is for you to be able to understand what is available and what your son should be doing.
I hope this, at least, somewhat answers your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Thank you for your reply. You have correctly understood me not easy to communicate..But anyway, thank you very much.But my son says quite well in English. My son has several times been referred to as GP doctor or psychiatrist for help in finding a job. He then refused, saying that such services do not. He asked to speak with a social worker to help him get a job and do not lose it. But here again he was denied.Son was very upset by this refusal of help. He could not sleep for two sutok.Seychas he does not want to talk about it, it gets irritated and says that he is sick 7 years and it did not help and do not want to help. He has schizophrenia. He tried the last 3 years to get a job independent, happy, but quickly run out of steam, went to work and got to the hospital in serious condition.He wants to get back to normal life, he is only 27 years old. I'm trying to help him. But to reach the doctors can not. I was hoping that help from psychiatrists, when he was asked for her accessible. In life it is not podtverdilos.A my son is now trying to build a dream he had stopped looking for work because they have lost all hope.I have asked the previous psychiatrist program to support and adaptation of treatment of his son. But it was in vain. In the three years that son lives here with mnoy.emu have never offered anything like this. And my request was CONSULTING THE EMPTINESS.But anyway, thank you very much.

It can be very difficult for people with schizophrenia to hold a job. I'm sorry to hear that the medical system in the UK has not been helpful. I'm guessing that your son would feel much better if he had some supportive services. There may be some help available through the Mental Health Association. Here is their web address.
I encourage you or your son to contact them to see what they can do.
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience: 17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
KansasTherapist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much, I will take your advice and. you have a lot of support and I now feel more confident myself and I will be with the new forces to fight for the recovery and improve the life of my son. I wish you happiness and health.

Related Mental Health Questions