How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Norman M. Your Own Question
Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Norman M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 19 years son want to stay in a university, in another

This answer was rated:

My 19 years son want to stay in a university, in another country, far from us, of his choice where he failed to reach better GPA, so I suggested another close by home where we live, so we can stand by him and help him whenever needed, but he does not accept. What to do ? I am the father....
First off, you cannot force him to do what you want, can you?

Therefor, gentle persuasion, together with pointing out the benefits of being closer to home is all you can try.

If you try to coerce him he will just become stubborn about it. Better, perhaps that he should be allowed to do as he wishes. If he is happy and comfortable where he is, he is much more likely to be a better student.

The best way forward is to try persuasion. If, in the end, that does not work, then you will have to accept it.
Norman M. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you