How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask psychlady Your Own Question
psychlady, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6893
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
psychlady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Since the death of my grandaughter, over 10 yrs ago I have

This answer was rated:

Since the death of my grandaughter, over 10 yrs ago I have been unable to physically cry or shed tears...but I experience syptoms of deep if I am can I resolve this deep sadness?

I would urge you to explore grief groups or grief counseling in your area. Sometimes when dealing with grief we need to consult someone to push ourselves through the grief process. This individual can be a psychologist or therapist who has expertise in grief counseling. You may wish to consult your pastor as well. If you wish to deal with this on your own you can get extensive information in the grief cycle by consulting self help material or online. You can even access online counseling where the issues can be resolved by working with someone online. Your inability to have emotions about this can be resolved with a professional. They can additional resolve any situational depression that may or may not be based on this event. When you move through the grief cycle you can begin to honor her as well as grieve for her. If you want a professional you can consult the site for the American Psychological Association.\

Please press excellent service so I am compensated

psychlady and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you