TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

My dog is my emotional support. She has been with me for

My dog is my emotional support.
She has been with me for 6 years and has help me through some serious emotional issues.
I am moving and need a percription validating that she is my emotional support dog.
How and where do I go to do that?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Are you looking for a card to certify that your animal is a service animal?

Kate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I am looking for a letter from a Doctor that states - I need my dog for emotional support.

Without her I will fall apart

She is all I have right now

Thanks for the additional information.

If you have registered your dog as an emotional support animal through an agency like http://www.nsarco.com/ and you have papers and an I.D. for the animal, you should have no trouble asking a physician, even a general practitioner, for a letter stating that you can take the animal anywhere with you. If you are asking for someone on Just Answer to write a prescription, that is not possible. Any doctor writing a script must do so face to face with a person who needs the script. But otherwise, it should be a simple process for you to have a doctor to write you a letter once they see the registration.

I hope this helps you,
Kate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks -wouderful infomation

You're welcome! I think it's wonderful that you have such a devoted dog and that she has been a wonderful support to you. My best to you both!

Kate

If you're satisfied with my response, please rate me highly. Thanks!