TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

What do you call a person who associates intercorse with

what do you call a person who associates intercorse with love? what and why? (not the sex adiction just wtih anyone)
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Do mean someone who is promiscuous or just feels that sex is part of being in love?

Kate

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not permiscious. just someone who thinks sex daily, and if it isnt done, they dont think you love them?

That is manipulation. There is no psychological diagnosis for the action itself (of trying to force someone to have sex to prove their love) but by trying to get someone to have sex to prove that they are loved could be part of a personality disorder. It would depend on the person's other behaviors as to whether or not they fit a personality disorder, but trying to manipulate someone and not caring what they feel is one possible sign that they may have the disorder.

I hope this has helped you,

Kate

This link may help you understand more about personality disorders and whether or not someone has one:

http://www.nmha.org/go/information/get-info/personality-disorders

Kate

If you're satisfied with my response, please rate me highly.Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry my computer froze!! i was typing this

but someone who "trying to get someone to have sex to prove that they are loved could be part of a personality disorder." but that person needs to have sex with the person they love and doesnt feel loved when it doesnt happen.

Not having sex when you are in love could be for a variety of reasons. Many people do not because of religious beliefs or similar reasons that have little to do with how they feel about the other person. So love does not have to be proven with sex. It can be shown in other ways. If the couple is married, though, that is another thing. That means they could be an issue in the marriage. A marriage therapist or sex therapist can help with a problem like that.

Kate