How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Olsen Your Own Question
Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2336
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Olsen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I might be having the biggest anxiety attack I have

This answer was rated:

I think I might be having the biggest anxiety attack I have ever had. My hands are numb, I have chills, I can't stop crying, also I feel sick to my stomach and I can't eat anything.
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
Have you ever had anxiety attacks before?
Do you have a major traumatic incident in the past?
Have you worked with a psychologist for psychotherapy ?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have anxiety disorder and depression I was diagnosed in 2009.. I had an traumatic incident that happened today that caused it to happen today..I got in a huge fight with my husband today and I think it is one of the biggest fights we have ever had. I have worked with a psychologist that diagnosed me but after I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder and depression I haven't seen her since.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
It sounds like you have had symptoms of anxiety and depression for a few years. Perhaps, you have been under lots of stress.
You also reported that you had a big fight with your husband today.
Certainly, that may have caused or contributed to anxiety attacks in you. It's very important for you to have an outlet for your stress. Working with a counselor (licensed psychotherapist) weekly even for a few months may help you to reduce the intensity of your anxiety and depression. Of course, you may have to find a psychotherapist whom you feel like you can trust. I understand you worked with a psychologist before...
Certainly, if you can identify things that may contribute to your stress, those things may have to be removed from your life.
Let me explain other ways to decrease your anxiety and depression:
A heart-healthy diet may improve your brain functioning and mood. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources, such as fish, lean meat and skinless poultry. Hydrate yourself during daytime.
Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain. This may help improve your mood.
Also, stress reduction and relaxation techniques such as yoga, biofeedback, acupuncture, meditation and massage therapy may help to reduce anxiety and improve your mood.
If you are open to counseling again, I would advise you to work with a psychotherapist WEEKLY for 6 months or longer.
You may benefit from having a Cognitive-Behavior therapy. CBT is effective for anxiety and depression.
You can call your insurance company and get a list of providers in your area.
Or, you can search a licensed psychotherapist or a counselor on internet- such as the PSYCHOLOGY TODAY website. Go to ( and enter your zip code and optional category of specialty such as anxiety. Read psychotherapists’ profile to see if he or she specializes in Cognitive-Behavior therapy (CBT).
You may also want to create your mental image of psychotherapist that you want to work with – Male or female? Old or young? To note, many therapists offer initial consultation for free. So you can see it as an informational meeting. You can ask any question. You can also negotiate psychotherapy fee and number of sessions.
If you need a low fee counseling or have no health insurance, you may call The United Way toll free # 211 (Dial 2-1-1)to find the community mental health centers in your area in which you can get counseling even without health insurance.
Additionally, you may benefit from attending a support group for young women or adults with anxiety. To find a group therapy or a support group, contact a local hospital or a clinic by asking if they offer a group for women with anxiety.
If you like to find a support group online, check Mental Health America website section ( - Find a group in your area.
There are support groups websites. The Daily Strength ( offer support groups for people with a variety of problems including anxiety and depression.
I hope you get well with all available help.
Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any.
Warm regards,
Dr. Olsen and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you