Kristin
Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!
45544450

I am in south Florida and looking for a facility here for my

I am in south Florida and looking for a facility here for my 52 year old mentally ill son on social security.

Hello there,

What kind of mental illness is your son dealing with? Is he currently seeing a doctor now? What are some of his symptoms and are you looking for a facility where he can live or just out patient treatment?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He suffers from schizophrenia with some paranoia as well as epilepsy. he is presently living in an asststed living facility in Connecticut.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He suffers from schizphrenia with some paraanoia as well as epilepsy. He is presently living in an assisted living facility in Connecticut ,He suffers from schizophrenia with some paranoia as well as epilepsy. he is presently living in an asststed living facility in Connecticut.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know how to answer you. I have tried twice to respond. , He suffers from schizphrenia with some paraanoia as well as epilepsy. He is presently living in an assisted living facility in Connecticut ,He suffers from schizophrenia with some paranoia as well as epilepsy. he is presently living in an asststed living facility in Connecticut.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your message says I am denied access to this page. , I don't know how to answer you. I have tried twice to respond. , He suffers from schizphrenia with some paraanoia as well as epilepsy. He is presently living in an assisted living facility in Connecticut ,He suffers from schizophrenia with some paranoia as well as epilepsy. he is presently living in an asststed living facility in Connecticut.

I'm sorry for the delay. There was some kind of technical glitch and I was not seeing your response. Here are two assisted living facilities in South Florida who serve the needs of those with schizophrenia and also will take Social Security.

http://www.caring.com/local/assisted-living-facilities-in-tampa-florida

http://www.assistedlivingfacilities.org/directory/fl/hilliard/dayspring-village-inc-/12230/

This next link is where you can place in the criteria for your needs and they will provide you with a full list of facilities in South Florida.

3. http://www.flassistedliving.com/FloridaAssistedLiving/FacilitySearch.htm

When you contact them, be sure to ask them any and all questions you may have and schedule a tour as well, if possible. I hope this helps you...it seems there are several viable options to meet the needs of your son.

Please take a moment to rate my service and if you have any more questions, please just ask. Thank you,

Kristin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have asked for facuilities in south Florida. You did not answer my question. If you do not have that information, say so. Do not give me information about facilities 3 to 4 hours away from my home.

Hello again,

I thought that I had answered your question, since you requested facilities located in South Florida. Two of the facilities mentioned are in Tampa and the other in Clearwater. If you wanted a specific town, than you need to tell me that in your question. Otherwise I would have no way of knowing what you are wanting, unless you ask. I would be happy to find facilities closer to you. Which town do you live in specifically and I can see what is available in your actual town. How far would you be willing to drive?