How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KansasTherapist Your Own Question
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
KansasTherapist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son is 28 yrs. old and suffers from Schizophrenia. He lives

This answer was rated:

my son is 28 yrs. old and suffers from Schizophrenia. He lives in an apartment
alone and has no job or friends. We are very worried and believe he cannot live
independently...he is struggling. WE live in Houston,TX and not been able to fined suitable housing. WE are willing to
locate him in any state that can provide
for his safety. Can you recommend a suitable residence?

KansasTherapist : Hello
KansasTherapist and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not received an answer, just my question
I live and work in Kansas, which isn't too far from you. Every community mental health program in Kansas has a program called Community Support Services. Each one is a bit different, but the one in Dodge City, where I live, has case management services, a day treatment program, medication management, and supported housing. Garden City, KS also has a similar program that is served by the same agency, Area Mental Health Center. The number for the Garden City CSS is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Dodge City is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Please let me know if I can give you more information.