Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

A years ago I moved to a new Country and have since then

been pleaged with anxiety based...
A years ago I moved to a new Country and have since then been pleaged with anxiety based about dying and I am having a hard time controling it. I really need to talk to someone about it but I can find and english speaking therepist in my area. Is there an oline place a can speak to someone now?
7/17/2012
KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist : I will be on line for an hour or so if you want to chat.
Customer:

I am not sure if this is working?

KansasTherapist : Hello
Customer:

hello

Customer:

sorry I was confused about how this works

KansasTherapist : It's okay. You can just type now and we can chat.
Customer:

Ok

KansasTherapist : You're having a hard time with anxiety?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

I am in constant fear of dying

Customer:

like now, my doctor told me yesterday I have broncitis and I am freaking out

KansasTherapist : Do you know someone who speaks English and German you might have go with you to an appointment?
Customer:

yes I do but they have zero time

Customer:

when they do have time there isnt a theripist open

KansasTherapist : Would you consider medication for anxiety?
Customer:

I would like to explore other options first

KansasTherapist : Okay.
KansasTherapist : Some times thought stopping helps with anxiety.
Customer:

I really feel like I just need to address with someone why I am having these feelings

KansasTherapist : Anxiety is both a mental and physical illness.
Customer:

yes it is

KansasTherapist : Once your mind starts thinking about the anxiety provoking issue, your body gets triggered.
KansasTherapist : The reaction of your body then reinforces the anxiety. It becomes a bad cycle.
Customer:

I know.

KansasTherapist : How did you first start thinking about dying?
Customer:

im not sure really.

KansasTherapist : Was it when you first got to Germany?
Customer:

no I think it started before then but It has been all consuming since

KansasTherapist : Do you want to try thought stopping?
Customer:

ok

KansasTherapist : First you think of things that help you feel calm. What relaxes you?
Customer:

honestly, I cant tell you what does anymore.

KansasTherapist : What about things like the ocean, rain, the wind in the trees?
Customer:

thinking of those thing isnt calming to me anymore. that is way I am here. I cant stop this overwhelmed feeling

KansasTherapist : It sounds like you might need some meds for a little while in order to be able to calm down enough to use other techniques.
Customer:

that isnt the answer i was hoping for right now...

KansasTherapist : I understand, but you seem to overwhelmed to manage your anxiety right now.
Customer:

I just reallly want to talk to someone right now. I am terrified of taking medication.

KansasTherapist : Okay
Customer:

I dont know where to start. I am feeling very affraid and lost.

KansasTherapist : Is there anything in your life that is going right?
Customer:

yes. everything is great. My marraige is strong. I am happy where I am. But its is the constant fear of keeling over one day that is the bad part

KansasTherapist : Does your husband know what's going on?
Customer:

It makes me feel ou of Control. I had a very very bad childhood where me being in control of my self kept me alive.

Customer:

yes he does. and he trys to help. But if he cant understand how can he help?

KansasTherapist : So being out of control is the worst part?
Customer:

its not the being dead part. Its the dying part that terrifes me

Customer:

ultimate lose of control

KansasTherapist : Sometimes wrapping in a blanket and rocking helps.
Customer:

i am calmer now. i guess I just what to know if there is anyway I can find a counselor online via skype or whatever to talk to. I have dealt with this enough. I am tired and it is going to ruin my life if I cant change it

KansasTherapist : Hang on, let me check.
Customer:

thank you

KansasTherapist : http://www.talktherapynow.com/TherapybySkype.en.html
KansasTherapist : This is the address of a therapist who does therapy by Skype.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank you.

KansasTherapist : I hope they can help you.
Customer:

I hope so too

KansasTherapist : Is there anything else I can do?
Customer:

nope thats it. Thanks for your time

KansasTherapist : You're welcome.
KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW